- Lessons are to be paid for in advance by direct debit on 28th of each month
- To cancel your booking notice must be given before 20th of a month. No further payment is required.
- If notice is given after 20th of the month one further direct debit will be taken.
- Should you choose to leave during a month you have paid for we cannot provide a refund.
Missed Lessons and Refunds
- Payment is made in fixed monthly fees regardless of attendance.
- Pre-paid lesson credits will be frozen and carried forward if 3 or more consecutive lessons are missed due to serious illness or injury (substantiated by physical evidence or a medical note)
- There is no discount for multiple siblings
- If you wish to take a break from lessons, we cannot hold a place without payment. Please inform us. You will be placed on the waiting list. We cannot guarantee the same slot upon return.
- Refunds may only be given in exceptional circumstances entirely at the discretion of the Best Stroke Leisure Management.
Health and Safety
- Children MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times whilst attending lessons.
- Parents/carers are responsible for their children and children’s behaviour (including spectating siblings) whilst attending lessons and in the Changing Rooms.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised at all times. Parents / carers of children attending sessions must remain within the pool complex for the duration of the swimming lesson.
- Any health issues such as Asthma, Diabetes, Allergies, Fits etc. must be brought to the attention of our staff upon making a booking.
- Any medication required during the lesson (e.g. inhaler) should be in the possession of the child’s parent/carer at the side of the pool during the lesson. If the medication is needed it MUST be administered by the parent/carer.
- Please report any accident/incidents to a member of staff immediately
- All jewellery must be removed prior to entering the pool, long hair tied up and a swim cap worn.
- Outdoor footwear MUST NOT be worn on poolside at any time. Outdoor footwear must be removed.
- Food or talc is not allowed at any of our venues.
- Only one adult to attend per child.
- The pool facilities & equipment provided should be respected & kept as clean & safe as possible.
- We ask that parents/carers/swimmers leave the facilities clean & tidy.
- Please report any issues, damage or danger relating to maintenance or cleanliness to a member of our staff immediately.
Arrival at the Pool
- Pupils should arrive 5 mins before their lesson starts with swimwear under clothing
- For health and safety reasons children and siblings must not go onto poolside, near the pool side or edge unless requested and supervised by their teacher.
- Always await the teacher’s instruction to get into the pool
Swimming Development and Achievement Awards
- Progress is assessed on a rolling basis. We have an online system where parents can logon and view child’s progress. Children may help themselves to a progress card and stickers at the pool free of charge. Please speak to your teacher if you do not have one.
- If/when a pool facility is unavailable to use for any reason, we will provide you with as much notice as possible by text or email. Please like our Facebook page as updates will be posted here also https://www.facebook.com/beststrokeleisure/
- In the event of scheduled closures, e.g. pool repairs etc. we will inform you by email. Usually at the time of publishing the dates of the next termly block.
- In the event of unscheduled closures e.g. plant breakdown, abnormal water-test results, adverse weather conditions such as snow we will inform you by email, text or call if last minute.
- If you change your mobile phone number or email address, please ensure you let us know.
- Any cancellations on our part will be reflected in the next months fee.
- Photography/filming is not allowed within the pool building (this includes camera, tablet or mobile phone).
- The use of mobile phones/tablets or other such technology is strictly prohibited in the changing rooms.
- Please keep the use of mobile phones to emergency use and leave the pool area before using a mobile phone.
- If you are seen to be using a device, you will be asked to stop.
- Where changing rooms are gender specific – Children 8 Years of age & over should use gender appropriate changing rooms.
- Children under 8 years of age should be accompanied by a parent/carer and must betaken into the gender appropriate changing room of the parent/carer. There can be no exception to this rule.
- Any safeguarding issues should be passed to Samara Bruce our Welfare Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to pass on any information regarding safeguarding to the appropriate services.
Reviewed December 2023